THE FRIDAY CLUB
WE ARE LIBERTARIANS
Inspired under the formula created by John Locke with his “Society which Met Once a Week for the Improvement of Useful Knowledge” and continued by Benjamin Franklin with “Junto”, El Club de los Viernes emerges as the Spaniard equation which intends to return to the individuals the value that collectivist societies have snatched from them.
El Club de los Viernes supports popular libertarianism, away from academic or elitists approaches in order to develop a direct and casual activism which we have baptised “trench libertarianism”.
- El Club de los Viernes is a group of people who reunite around the idea of respect for the individuals, and take the human being as the basic unit of social configuration.
- El Club de los Viernes states that only individuals have rights and obligations.El Club de los Viernes believes in a limited State that assist those in deep need, avoiding the violent imposition of one or many individuals rights over the rights of others.
- El Club de los Viernes trusts in independent institutions, compliance with the Law and the minimum State interference in any matter which can be carried out by private initiative.
- El Club defends not to be coerced to fund public services, allowing the users to choose between public or private providers.
- El Club rely on the pacific development of people’s private sphere, without coaction or impositions of any kind.
- Society must be structured on the basis of three basic principles: LIBERTY, PRIVATE PROPERTY AND THE OBSERVANCE OF VOLUNTARILY ACQUIRED OBLIGATIONS.
MEMBERSHIP DECLARATION OF INTENTIONS
So as to be a member of El Club de los Viernes, the new partners will have to answer some questions, previously to their admission:
- Do you consider the human being the one and only centre of rights and obligations?
- Do you respect the human being regardless its ideology, profession, gender or race?
- Do you seek truth and freedom, and assume the responsibility that derives from them?
- Do you believe in a limited state?